- Barack Obama's jihad against Syria encountering more public and political setbacks.
- More revelations of extreme NSA wrongdoing.
- Colorado gun-control Democrats recalled by voters.
- Chicago moving towards allowing handgun ownership by non-criminals.
- The new Catholic Pope saying that atheists may go to Heaven. Not directly political, but we can certainly see it as the loosening of a type of authority.
So what happened? Pallas, patroness of non-aggression and liberty, has ingressed into Leo (ruled by the Sun, who is a consistent ally) and is now within orb of a septile aspect with the Sun. In addition, she and her current ruler the Sun are now currently out of orb of the three factors that inhibit her: Pluto, Jupiter, and the South Node.
These configurations are very short-lived: like the rest of life's fleeting joys, perhaps we should make the most of them when they happen.