Capping an already bad week of murder and mayhem, a sex-starved brat kills his roommates and then goes on a shooting rampage directed against the female gender. At least two other astro-bloggers have already weighed in on the relevant charts. Readers of this blog will find this entry consistent with the others I've written on this topic: we are looking for conscientious Pallas to be astrologically compromised and the Bloodbath Formula in effect on both homicidal twerp Elliot Rodger's chart and on the chart for the killing spree itself (very similar to the configuration in the last post). We are also looking for transiting Pluto against Rodger's natal Pallas as a trigger for his behavior.
The Bloodbath Formula on Elliot Rodger's chart:
1. Pallas novile Pluto and ruled by Mercury which is mundane-square Pluto.
2. Neptune sesquiquadrate Mercury which rules both Venus and the Second House.
3. Venus septile Pluto and ruled by Mercury which is mundane-square Pluto.
4. Pluto at the IC.
5. Pluto square Jupiter, ruler of the Fifth House.
6. (optional) angular Mercury on Ascendant.
The Bloodbath Formula on the chart for the start of the killings:
1. Pluto sesquiqudrate Pallas and approaching quindecile with Mercury, ruler of Pallas.
2. Venus conjunct South Node and ruled by Mars which is quincunx Neptune.
3. Pluto square Mars, ruler of Venus.
4. Moon square Pluto.
5. Sun contraparallel Pluto.
6. (optional) angular Mercury on Descendant.
Elliot Rodger's chart with the event chart superimposed. Pluto is very tightly "squine" or 105 degrees Rodger's Pallas, and sesquiquadrate Mercury, ruler of Rodger's Pallas. I almost never have to resort to the "squine" (halfway between a square and a trine) aspect in interpretation, but over hundreds of charts I've noticed it does have some effect, usually small. Transiting Pluto in aspect to the sign ruler of Pallas also tends to have a small effect. With two such small effects together, however, we tend to see the same potency as a single major aspect such as a trine or square.
This event isn't quite as obvious an example of these techniques as some earlier ones, but it supports the unbroken record of said techniques thus far in my research. Here's hoping for fewer future examples to support my hypotheses, and more of what the astrological Pallas represents: reason and self-control over senseless action and violence. Society can mitigate future massacres by promoting a "gun culture" in which ordinary people carry weapons: criminals will always have guns, and police will always be a few minutes too slow to stop them. For every time a gun assists in the commission of crime, there are five times as many reports of incidents in which a gun-wielding citizen stopped a crime.